Thursday 28 June 2012

OPI Nail Envy

My nails naturally grow rather quickly, having said that they are extremely brittle and often peel at the ends once they gain any sort of length. I don't bite my nails, but they never tend to grow more than a few millimetres above the ends of my fingers tips and I can never get the edges to square off as I'd like! In an attempt to combat this, I invested in OPI's infamous 'Nail Envy'.

At first I was a bit apprehensive as to whether these sort of products do have that much effect, and as a student I wasn't prepared to waste my money on another base coat that I couldn't reep many benefits from, so decided to go for the mini version.

As it happens I did in fact LOVE this product, and invested in the full sized bottle, which set me back £13.50 for 15ml from eBay.

I now keep the full sized pot stashed away with all my other nail goodies, and pop the mini bottle in my bag with me, or if I'm travelling I make sure I always have it to hand. The only downside I've found is that as applying coats becomes some what of an obsession, the product does get used up quicker than most other base coats - I'm nearly all out of my travel bottle!

The bottle instructs to apply 2 coats of the product, and then one further coat every other day. Now, as I'm not one to follow instructions when it comes to beauty products (naughty, I know) I use it a little differently. For example, I'm going on holiday next week, therefore I've stripped back my nails to basics, dealt with my cuticles, filed them to shape, the whole shabbang! I then applied a few coats of the nail envy, and then a further few coats for the next few days until they feel a little stronger with a little more length, then I'll be ready to paint them with my Barry M 'strawberry ice cream' and I'll be jetting off to turkey :)

The only major downfall for me with this product is that after its applied and dried, it looks very matte on the nails. My nails are naturally very dull and lack any sign of nutrition or shine, therefore I have to apply a shiny top coat such as my Sally Hanson top coat, just to achieve a healthy shine to a natural nail. But other than that, this product is fantastic not only for achieving some length in your nails but also strengthening them, allowed more confidence when us DIY ladies have some business to handle!

I highly highly recommend :)

beccxbeauty
Xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment