Thursday 28 June 2012

LUSH: Shaving Cream

You all know that my passion is finding beauty alternatives, and this times ladies, I've outdone myself.

I've been an avid lush fan for years and years, a few of their skin care products are staples in my skin care routine and I've often been known to enjoy a bath bomb or two. I also highly rate their shower gels! Yummy.

For Christmas 2011, I wanted to get my boyfriend something he could start to collect and really enjoy - lord knows he deserves to be pampered :) so I thought the perfect small present was a Lush gift set called 'Dirty' as it gave him a selection of products to try and see what he thought of them. Thankfully, he loved the idea and the products! And it had been dually noted that his face was smooth and stubble free (yay!)

He raved and raved about the scent and the products, so one day when I was feeling particularly cheeky I thought I'd help my self to a dollop of the Dirty shaving cream and shower gel whilst in the shower (he uses enough of my essentials, eh?)

To my surprise I absolutely fell in love! Although I adore the shower gel scent that lingers on him from the beginning of the day until bed, for me it's just a bit too masculine, although the lovely helpers in the shop claim it to be unisex. However, don't let the fact the shaving gel is for men put you off - it was without doubt the most luxurious, thick and moisturising shaving cream I have ever used! So much so that if you didn't moisturise after your shave, you really wouldn't notice any difference as it seems to do the job for you!

We then later tried a similar product, 'Prince' - neither of us were impressed. The texture and consistency was the same, but the heavenly scent just wasn't there; not was it replaced by the fragrance of orange of which it claimed.

All in all we were both more than delighted with the product and the Mr's even venturing out into the world of Lush skin care! Who knew eh - he's getting worse than me! ;)

I've recently bought the 'cosmetics lad' gift box for my brother upcoming birthday so I'll be sure to report back with my findings :)

Beccxbeauty
Xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment